Are you interested in making your own pasta sauce? Don’t worry – you are in luck! We have a great recipe for orange pasta sauce with cheese.
Orange Pasta Sauce with Cheese
Today we share with you a very easy Italian pasta recipe: Spaghetti with orange sauce and parmesan cheese. If you are tired of cooking pasta the same way and want to see original pasta sauces, don’t miss this recipe or the ones we will publish soon: authentic Italian recipes we bring you in Spanish; or the ones we have already published in the blog (spaghetti Neapolitan style and spaghetti with lemon). This recipe for orange and cheese pasta is delicious and very easy to make. You will see that it has a fresh taste that will not leave you indifferent. Besides, you will find few easier and cheaper pasta recipes than this one. A healthy spaghetti that you will prepare in no time.
– 300 g of spaghetti.
– Grated peel of an orange (only the orange part). And a little more for decoration, if desired.
– 200 ml of orange juice (about 1 glass).
– 50 g grated Parmesan cheese.
– 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
– Salt to taste.
– Chopped basil to taste.
Preparation of the recipe
1) Heat one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
2) Add the grated rind of an orange (only the orange part, as the white part is bitter), and fry over medium heat for one minute.
3) Add 200 millilitres of orange juice and 50 grams of grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well and let it reduce to medium heat so that the sauce thickens. When it has reached a third of the initial volume, the sauce is ready.
4) To cook the spaghetti, put plenty of water with coarse salt in a deep pot. A suitable proportion would be one litre of water per 100 grams of pasta. Since in this case 300 grams of spaghetti will be prepared, the amount of water you should put to boil is approximately 3 litres. Remember to put a handful of salt in the water (unless you can’t drink it due to health problems). Bring the water to a boil. When it boils, add the spaghetti. Wait for the water to boil again and from that moment on cook the pasta over a medium-high heat for the time indicated by the manufacturer. When the spaghetti is “al dente”, drain it.
5) Add the spaghetti to the orange and cheese sauce. Mix well and let everything cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes, stirring carefully.
6) Serve the pasta decorated with chopped basil and (optionally) some grated orange peel.
What did you think of the recipe? We love it and recommend you try it. You’ll be sure to repeat it!
If you want to receive our next recipes for free, we invite you to follow our blog, Original Recipes, by entering your email address in the box below.